[R] I'd like to request that my R CRAN package is not tested on Solaris OS

lampros mouselimis mou@e||m|@|@mpro@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 21 08:22:21 CEST 2021

Dear R-help team,

I'm the maintainer of the textTinyR package. Currently the package fails on
the Solaris Operating System (OS), you can see the results in the following
weblink: https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_textTinyR.html

All my packages are tested on Solaris OS automatically but I never check my
R packages before submitting to CRAN on Solaris OS because I don't have any
experience using it. I also won't be in place to fix this error (even if I
utilize a Virtual Machine). Due to the fact that my package works on Linux,
Windows and Macintosh (I can fix the errors in all these three OS because I
have installations in my Computer) can I request to exclude the textTinyR
package from the Solaris OS testing / CRAN checking (that means the Solaris
test frameworks will not appear in the CRAN Package test results page)?
Moreover, whom should I send an e-mail to make this request?

I processed the data of all current packages on CRAN
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_summary_by_package.html> and
there are 153 submitted packages that are not tested on Solaris (I attach
the csv file of these packages in this e-mail), which means it's possible
for a package to not be tested on this OS.

I'd like an answer before the 27th October otherwise the package will be
removed from CRAN.

Thank you in advance and for your time,
Lampros Mouselimis