[R] problem with plotting clustered data with convex hull using ggfortify

Mon Oct 25 00:32:03 CEST 2021

Hello,

R 4.1.1 on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.

I can reproduce this error. It happens with ggfortify 0.4.12 but not
with 0.4.11.

First ggfortify 0.4.11, notice the warnings.

rui using rui:~$ R -q -f rhelp.R
 > library(ggfortify)
 > library(cluster)
 >
 > autoplot(fanny(iris[-5], 3), frame = TRUE)
Warning messages:
1: `select_()` was deprecated in dplyr 0.7.0.
Please use `select()` instead.
This warning is displayed once every 8 hours.
Call `lifecycle::last_warnings()` to see where this warning was generated.
2: `group_by_()` was deprecated in dplyr 0.7.0.
Please use `group_by()` instead.
See vignette('programming') for more help
This warning is displayed once every 8 hours.
Call `lifecycle::last_warnings()` to see where this warning was generated.
 > packageVersion("cluster")
[1] ‘2.1.2’
 > packageVersion("ggfortify")
[1] ‘0.4.11’

 > sessionInfo()
R version 4.1.1 (2021-08-10)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
[...]

#---------------

Now ggfortify 0.4.12, notice that the errors are gone but there's a
message, probably printed with cat().

rui using rui-p6550pt:~$ R -q -f rhelp.R
 > library(ggfortify)
 > library(cluster)
 >
 > autoplot(fanny(iris[-5], 3), frame = TRUE)
Adding missing grouping variables: `cluster`
 > packageVersion("cluster")
[1] ‘2.1.2’
 > packageVersion("ggfortify")
[1] ‘0.4.12’

 > sessionInfo()
R version 4.1.1 (2021-08-10)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
[...]

One problem was fixed, another showed up.
You should contact the package maintainer.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas