[R] field significance test

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 8 01:30:04 CEST 2021

HIi Ani,
 I think you are going to a lot of trouble to get a fairly simple result.

# matrix of logicals for positive stat values
possig<-df3 > 0 & df4 < 0.05
# now negative stat values
negsig<-df3 < 0 & df4 < 0.05
# very clunky plots of column counts
barplot(colSums(possig),
 names.arg=paste0("S",1:10),
 main="Positive significant")
barplot(colSums(negsig))
 names.arg=paste0("S",1:10),
 main="Negative significant")

You said something about displaying the values of the statistics. As
the positive and negative values are mutually exclusive, you may want
to do something like this:

allsig<-possig | negsig
allsig[!allsig]<-NA
plot(1:10,1:10,type="n",xlab="Station",ylab="Rep",
 main="Significant statistical values")
text(rep(1:10,each=10),rep(10:1,10),round(df3*allsig,2))

giving you a matrix-like plot of the stat values. You could also add
the p-values.

Jim