[R] How to remove all rows that have a numeric in the first (or any) column

Wed Sep 15 05:54:12 CEST 2021

You cannot apply vectorized operators to list columns... you have to use a map function like sapply or purrr::map_lgl to obtain a logical vector by running the function once for each list element:

sapply( VPN_Sheet1$HVA, is.numeric )