[R] How to remove all rows that have a numeric in the first (or any) column

Andrew Simmons @kw@|mmo @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 15 06:44:12 CEST 2021

I'd like to point out that base R can handle a list as a data frame column,
it's just that you have to make the list of class "AsIs". So in your example

temp <- list("Hello", 1, 1.1, "bye")

data.frame(alpha = 1:4, beta = I(temp))

means that column "beta" will still be a list.