[R] Windows: start script but keep being in R-shell after finish

Wed Sep 22 11:44:17 CEST 2021

    > On 21/09/2021 3:12 a.m., c.buhtz using posteo.jp wrote:
    >> Hello together,
    >>
    >> I was using R some years ago and I am sorry for asking such a dumb
    >> question. I found some help instructions about commandline interface but
    >> I still miss the piece of information I need. I assume it depends on my
    >> non-nativ English that I am not able to ask the correct (worded)
    >> question to the search engines.
    >>
    >> I use R-for-windows on the shell. No GUI, IDE or anything else.
    >> When I am in windows shell ("command prompt"?) I wan't to run an
    >> R-script (filename *.R). But when the script is finished or interrupted
    >> the R-prompt should do not close.
    >>
    >> In python I would do
    >>
    >> python3 -i -m myscript

    > I don't think R supports this, but the following almost works:

    > cat myscript.R - | Rterm --ess

Inside R, we use

  source("mycript.R")

where source() has several optional arguments in addition,
such as 'echo=TRUE'

Probably Duncan did not mention it here, because indeed, it's
not quite equivalent to running the above semi-"batch mode"...

Martin