[R] Package installation help: Stuck at "** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading"

Brodie, Kent brod|e @end|ng |rom mcw@edu
Thu Sep 30 17:51:01 CEST 2021

(As I said, I'll try anything!)

OK, so I went ahead to get the scl devtoolset, and rebuilt R 4.1.1 with the same exact gcc you used.

But- same result for me.   Hung at the byte-compile step when installing that one package, no error, no messages, no logs.