[R] readxl, read_excel: how colon (:) is read ?

Patrick Giraudoux p@tr|ck@g|r@udoux @end|ng |rom un|v-|comte@|r
Fri Apr 1 08:46:05 CEST 2022

Le 01/04/2022 à 08:40, Jeff Newmiller a écrit :
> Both R and Excel assume a date is associated with every time object. In Excel, when you show a date it is an integer number of days since 1899-12-31 (due to a mistake made early in programming it). Whenever you show a time, it it merely displaying the time portion (fraction of a day) of a date/time. The date part of that value may or may not be 1899-12-31.
>
> With this in mind, you are tilting at windmills hoping to import a "pure time" because no such thing exists in either program. You can choose to render a `POSIXct` as showing only the time portion when you convert it to character if you so choose.

Thanks for the infos. Yes, this is exactly what  I did yesterday with
POSIXct > POSIXlt to go ahead. However I wanted to understand fully what
happened, hence the call to the list. Jeff and Andrew, now eveything is
clear to me thanks to you...

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]