[R] ggplot2

Ebert,Timothy Aaron tebert @end|ng |rom u||@edu
Mon Apr 4 13:39:51 CEST 2022

install.packages("ggplot2")
library(ggplot2)

An alternative
install.packages("tidyverse")
library(tidyverse)

The first only installs ggplot2. The alternative installs a bunch of other stuff as well.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Richard Vickery
Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2022 12:49 PM
To: R-help using r-project.org
Subject: [R] ggplot2

[External Email]

Hi there,

I am finally getting to some material I had problems with in university, where I was introduced to R - one of those that because of time constraints, I had challenges figuring out, particularly because I decided long ago on using Fedora Linux. The book, "Understanding Statistics Using R" by Andy Field et. al., says to install ggplot2 into R and the version of R that the dnf command installs will neigher install this package nor 'scales'. The result I get is below, and I attempted installing the packages via the tar command, and that neither worked, and I attempted
library("ggplot2") and R said the package was unavailable. What can I do to move forward?

Thanks,

Richard

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

R-help using r-project.org mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stat.ethz.ch_mailman_listinfo_r-2Dhelp&d=DwICAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=9PEhQh2kVeAsRzsn7AkP-g&m=7xEzNpsPEMvdQLIcBNo-VFJErGQIZfwF2ueg-0lesWT4DSOwIMyZ5deX1XUeO2R2&s=QTw5eQQCMPK5qxhL7YKJYRMJWwmPSDI4bR9Px8VJrvA&e=
PLEASE do read the posting guide https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.R-2Dproject.org_posting-2Dguide.html&d=DwICAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=9PEhQh2kVeAsRzsn7AkP-g&m=7xEzNpsPEMvdQLIcBNo-VFJErGQIZfwF2ueg-0lesWT4DSOwIMyZ5deX1XUeO2R2&s=0kmwSZfq16L-GtPuQa5mSO8VGqauae08iBxm57dPnKI&e=