[R] glm with family binomial and link identity

Ralf Goertz r_goertz @end|ng |rom web@de
Thu Apr 28 17:13:08 CEST 2022

Am Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:48:14 +0200
schrieb Martin Maechler <maechler using stat.math.ethz.ch>:

> TLDR:  No, there was no such change in R 4.2.0

Yeah sorry, now there are three mails and what I really want to know is
in the third (from 28 Apr 2022 09:53:39 +0200):

On the other hand why do I get this following error at all?

Error in binomial(link = identity) :
  link "identity" not available for binomial family; available links are ‘logit’, ‘probit’, ‘cloglog’, ‘cauchit’, ‘log’

This is a bit misleading since identity is a legitimate link function
and works perfectly *when* *quoted*.

Short enough? :-)