[R] About spDataLarge Package

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Mon Aug 29 19:32:00 CEST 2022

On 8/29/22 09:30, Paul Bernal wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I have just installed R version 4.2.1 for Windows on my machine, and was
> trying to install package spDataLarge, but the console threw the following
> error message:
>
> Warning in install.packages :
>    package 'spDataLarge' is not available for this version of R
>
> A version of this package for your version of R might be available
> elsewhere,
> see the ideas at
> https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Installing-packages
>
> I used the following command to try to install it:
>
> install.packages("spDataLarge", repos = "https://nowosad.github.io/drat/",
> type = "source")

I'm on a Linux box and I get no difficulty using:

install.packages("spDataLarge",repos  =  "https://nowosad.github.io/drat/",type  =  "source")

That was the third of three options on its webpage at:

https://github.com/Nowosad/spDataLarge

There is an "issue" from Roger Bivand regarding the need for
type="source: https://github.com/Nowosad/spDataLarge/issues/24

It would seem that `type="source"` might be superfluous since the
package does not require compilation. At any rate there are two other
options at that page and you might want to investigate them.

--

David.