[R] Colours in plot.circular

Nick Wray n|ckmwr@y @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 31 15:36:55 CEST 2022

I have some data - time in the year of maximum streamflow, and I can plot
them easily enough using plot.circular.  But what i would like to do is to
colour code the points through time using rainbow so that any trend in the
distribution of the times of occurrence is more obvious.

Essentially this:
 plot.circular(1)
 plot.circular(2,add=T,col="red")

but the second line plots a new plot just with the red point.  Is there a
way, either specific to plot.circular or possibly more generally whereby
one can suppress the new plot from being drawn?  I can't find an example of
this or an obvious way to do it if add=T doesn't work

I know that I could in theory do a whole routine using sine and cosine to
plot but it seems a pointless to reinvent the wheel if I don't need to
Thanks, Nick Wray

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]