[R] lattice: how to use a log scale on the x-axis with the bwplot function

Laurent Rhelp L@urentRHe|p @end|ng |rom |ree@|r
Sun Dec 11 10:03:13 CET 2022

I understand the idea but I did not succeed.

Here is what I tried:

## 1.    middles of classes calculation

m <- tapply(DF$x, groups, mean)

## 2.     create a new factor columns with the levels deduced from
##         the values of the middles of the classes
##

DF$m <- DF$groups
levels(DF$m) <- as.character(m)
DF$m <- as.numeric(levels(DF$m))[DF$m]

## 3. I verify with xyplot

xyplot(   y ~ m
           , type = "p"
           , data=DF
           , scales = list(
             y = list(log=T)
             , x = list(log=T)

           )
)
## 4. I use the panel.groups and panel.bwplot to display the boxplots
without success

xyplot(   y ~ m
           , groups = groups
           , type = "p"
           , data=DF
           , scales = list(
             y = list(log=T)
             , x = list(log=T)
             , panel = panel.superpose
             ,  panel.groups=function(x,y, group.number,...){
               panel.xyplot(x,y,...)
               panel.bwplot(x,y,...)
             }
             , horizontal = FALSE