[R] [Rd] I do not want that R CMD build removes temp directory

Simon Urbanek @|mon@urb@nek @end|ng |rom R-project@org
Thu Dec 15 19:09:34 CET 2022

Yes:

$ R CMD INSTALL --help | grep error
      --no-clean-on-error	do not remove installed package on error

But probably more commonly used way is to install the package from its unpacked directory as that avoids the use of temporary directories in the first place.

In you case you can also use --no-test-load and the non-functional package will still be installed so you can inspect it.

Cheers,
Simon

PS: please don't cross-post