[R] [Rd] I do not want that R CMD build removes temp directory

Serguei Sokol @oko| @end|ng |rom |n@@-tou|ou@e@|r
Mon Dec 19 11:17:36 CET 2022

Le 19/12/2022 à 10:52, Witold E Wolski a écrit :
> Dear Uwe,
>
> Unfortunately there isn't much of an output. This is all what I have:
>
> $ R CMD INSTALL --log prolfqua
> Warning: unknown option '--log'
> * installing to library 'C:/Users/witoldwolski/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2'
> * installing *source* package 'prolfqua' ...
> ** using staged installation
> ** R
> ** data
> ** inst
> ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
> ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'prolfqua'
> * removing 'C:/Users/witoldwolski/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/prolfqua'
>
> Also with --no-test-load option the install is failing :
>
> $ R CMD INSTALL --clean --no-test-load prolfqua
>
> * installing to library 'C:/Users/witoldwolski/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2'
> * installing *source* package 'prolfqua' ...
> ** using staged installation
> ** R
> ** data
> ** inst
> ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
> ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'prolfqua'
> * removing 'C:/Users/witoldwolski/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/prolfqua'
>
> And including "--no-clean-on-error" also does not help because the
> installation directory is empty.
You don't show the full command you run. If you included also "--clean"
as in previous command, may be it just does what is asked, i.e. clean
the temp dir ?
I don't know what prevails: "--clean" or "--no-clean-on-error" if put
simultaneously.

Best,
Serguei.

> Tested the install, on macos M1, linux ARM64, linux x86, Windows 64,
> and it works everywhere except
> Parallels Windows 64 on ARM M1.
>
> R version 4.2.2 (2022-10-31 ucrt) -- "Innocent and Trusting"
> Copyright (C) 2022 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
> Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
>
> best regards
> Witek
>

> On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 at 11:24, Uwe Ligges
> <ligges using statistik.tu-dortmund.de> wrote:
>>

>> On 15.12.2022 21:47, Witold E Wolski wrote:
>>> Thank you Simon,
>>>
>>> It seems not to be related to the R package but rather to the OS,
>>> (just got the same error when installing the shiny R package from
>>> CRAN).
>>> I am on an M1 mac running Windows ARM in Parallels. Installed a
>>> x86_64-w64 R version.
>>>

>>> "** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
>>> ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'shiny'
>>> * removing 'C:/Users/witoldwolski/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/shiny'
>>> Warning in install.packages :"
>> Can we please have the full output?
>>
>> Best,
>> Uwe Ligges

> --
> Witold Eryk Wolski

Serguei Sokol
Ingenieur de recherche INRAE

Cellule Mathématiques
TBI, INSA/INRAE UMR 792, INSA/CNRS UMR 5504
135 Avenue de Rangueil
31077 Toulouse Cedex 04

tel: +33 5 61 55 98 49
email: sokol using insa-toulouse.fr