[R] Mclust - data type

Adrian Johnson or|o|eb@|t|more @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 10 22:13:40 CET 2022

Dear Mclust users,
Pardon me for naive question.  Mclust defines clustering based on
parameterized finite Gaussian mixture models.  The diabetes example data in
vignette vectors glucose,.insulin and sspg are not exactly appear to be
following a Gaussian distribution.
I like to use mclust to cluster my data with two different observations. In
my data, there are two observations. One observation follow a std.normal
with right extended tail and second observation follow a negative binomial
distribution.  Is it appropriate to use mclustBIC Mclust and
mclustBootstrapLRT?  and  If it is not an appropriate method and  package,
which package could help for my data.
Thanks
Adrian

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]