[R] Error after updating a package

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 17 13:49:20 CET 2022

I find that updating all packages is more effective than trying to chase
down all the dependencies through an endless string of errors.

It’s never taken me eight hours, but that would depend on computer,
Internet connection, number of packages, and how long it’s been since
you’ve done that maintenance. I do it routinely, so it never takes very
long, except after a major R version release.

None of which helps you, but I imagine by now it’s completed.

Sarah

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 5:24 AM javed khan <javedbtk111 using gmail.com> wrote:

> @Sarah Goslee
>
> How much time it takes? Its been 8 hours and I am waiting to finish the
> updates.
>
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 10:13 PM Sarah Goslee <sarah.goslee using gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The solution to that kind of error is always to update R to the
>> current version (4.1.2), and then to update all of your packages.
>>
>> At the R command line, you could use
>> update.packages(ask=FALSE) # possibly with checkBuilt=TRUE
>>
>> but I expect R Studio has a snazzy menu item to update everything.
>>
>> Sarah
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 3:54 PM javed khan <javedbtk111 using gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > My RStudio was working fine and then I installed tidyverse & updated
>> dplyr.
>> > Now when I opened RStudio, I get the following message
>> >
>> > Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘farff’ in loadNamespace(i,
>> > c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]):
>> >  namespace ‘ellipsis’ 0.3.1 is already loaded, but >= 0.3.2 is required
>> > In addition: Warning message:
>> > package ‘farff’ was built under R version 4.0.5
>> >
>> >         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

>> --
>> Sarah Goslee (she/her)
>> http://www.sarahgoslee.com