[R] Time for a companion mailing list for R packages?

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jan 13 18:25:00 CET 2022

Re: constructive criticism to make this list more useful to more people:

Suggestion 1: accommodate questions related to non-base-R packages
                       This has been addressed by many already. The current
de facto situation is that such questions are asked and often answered.
Perhaps the posting guide should be altered so that such questions fall
within the guidelines.

Suggestion 2: expand beyond plain-text mode
                        I assume there is a reason for this restriction but
it seems to create a lot of delay and often havoc. Also, many questions on
this list relate to graphics which is an important part of R (even base R)
and such questions may often be more easily communicated with images.

Eric