[R] A humble request

Richard O'Keefe r@oknz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Jul 3 05:24:41 CEST 2022

Can we start a step back please?
wmtsa stands for
  Wavelet Methods for Time Series Analysis.

OK, so you have some time series data,
and for some reason you want to analyse
your data using wavelets.  No worries.
But does it have to be THIS unmaintained
package?

Why not visit

https://CRAN.R-project.org/view=TimeSeries
and search for "wavelets" in the text?
Oh heck, I might as well do it for you.
<snip>
*Wavelet methods* : The wavelets
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/wavelets/index.html> package
includes computing wavelet filters, wavelet transforms and multiresolution
analyses. Multiresolution forecasting using wavelets is also implemented in
mrf <https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/mrf/index.html>. WaveletComp
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/WaveletComp/index.html> provides
some tools for wavelet-based analysis of univariate and bivariate time
series including cross-wavelets, phase-difference and significance tests.
biwavelet <https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/biwavelet/index.html> is
a port of the WTC Matlab package for univariate and bivariate wavelet
analyses. mvLSW <https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/mvLSW/index.html>
provides tools for multivariate locally stationary wavelet processes.
LSWPlib <https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/LSWPlib/index.html>
contains functions for simulation and spectral estimation of locally
stationary wavelet packet processes. Tests of white noise using wavelets
are provided by hwwntest
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/hwwntest/index.html>. Wavelet
scalogram tools are contained in wavScalogram
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/wavScalogram/index.html>. Further
wavelet methods can be found in the packages rwt
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rwt/index.html>, waveslim
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/waveslim/index.html>, wavethresh
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/wavethresh/index.html>.
</snip>

Presumably there is a reason that nobody else has
bothered to continue maintaining wmtsa.  Perhaps
one of those other wavelets + time series packages
can do what you need?