[R] byte coding compiling.....

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Wed Jul 6 19:54:18 CEST 2022

Dear Bert,
                 Thanks for your reply...

So
> cmpfun(mclapply)

should  do the job right?

By the by, how can I give a reprex? Reprex of the code that I am giving to mclapply (as FUN argument)?

Yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI
________________________________
From: Bert Gunter <bgunter.4567 using gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2022 10:32 PM
To: akshay kulkarni <akshay_e4 using hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [R] byte coding compiling.....

Unlikely

See here:
 https://www.r-bloggers.com/2017/08/how-to-make-best-use-of-the-byte-compiler-in-r/

Byte code compilation should be automatic in both cases, as I understand it. Of course, I could be wrong due to special features of parallel  programming, etc.

A reprex might be helpful here.

Cheers,
Bert

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022, 7:29 PM akshay kulkarni <akshay_e4 using hotmail.com<mailto:akshay_e4 using hotmail.com>> wrote:
Dear members,
                          I am using pbmclapply, the progress bar version of mclapply, from the parallel package. The point is, pbmclapply is three times faster than mclapply, and I think the most probable reason would be that pbmclapply is byte code compiled (I can think of no other reason).

I know the cmpfun function from compiler package. If I do:

> cmpfun(mclapply)

will the job be done? The point is mclapply may look for other functions in the parallel package. So I have to compile the whole package right? How do you do that? or in general, how do you byte code compile a whole package?

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]