[R] RODBC package issues with DB2 ODBC drivers and Windows R 4.2.0

mjrizzo m@iii@g oii y@hoo@com mjrizzo m@iii@g oii y@hoo@com
Thu Jul 7 15:54:47 CEST 2022

 Hello,

I have been looking for help with an issue I am having with the RODBC package .  I recently upgraded to R 4.2.0 from R 4.1.1 in Windows 10 Enterprise Build 19044.  I use the RODBC package along with the IBM DB2 ODBC driver version 11.01.331.368 to access DB2 databases.  Using the RODBC package in 4.1.1, everything works as it should.  I am able to connect to the DB2 databases without any problems.
After upgrading to R 4.2.0 and upgrading the RODBC package, I haven't been able to connect at all, and I receive the following error message: "ERROR: state IM004, code 0, message [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed".
When I searched the web for anyone else experiencing the same issue, there were a few mentions of the same problem but did not mention any remedies.  Has anyone else experienced any issues with using the DB2 ODBC driver in R 4.2.0?  I downgraded back to R 4.1.1 and everything worked fine once again.
Any help would be appreciated.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]