[R] Building binary file failed

Steven T. Yen @tyen @end|ng |rom ntu@edu@tw
Thu Jul 14 10:23:56 CEST 2022

Dear Ivan and all
I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I read
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50192038/r-devtools-build-zip-failure
from which I learned to install devtools.
Then, my problem is resolved. Log file is attached below. Thank you all.
If someone can explain what I was doing (cause I still have no clue),
I'd still be happy to listen.
Steven Yen

====
 > install.packages("devtools")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL
'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/4.2/devtools_2.4.3.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 423598 bytes (413 KB)
downloaded 413 KB

package ‘devtools’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded binary packages are in
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpUZvAF8\downloaded_packages
 > devtools::find_rtools()
[1] TRUE

 > install.packages("A:/R/yenlib1_1.1.0.zip",repos=NULL) # from local,
change path
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
package ‘yenlib1’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked