[R] Request concerning use in book

Ebert,Timothy Aaron tebert @end|ng |rom u||@edu
Wed Jul 27 14:15:16 CEST 2022

My understanding is that the only requirement is to give proper credit. This is necessary anyway as readers would need to know what packages were used and what version of R was used. In R there is the citation() function that returns the approved citation. However, it might be useful to also include the version numbers in the text.

One problem is how the citation is viewed in the body of the document. I use Endnote and I think Endnote would view this as a name. So in the text I would see (Team 2022) and the bibliography might be Team, R.C. 2022. R: A language ...
I think that this is solved by putting a comma after Team in the bibliographic entry. Another option would be to use R_Core_Team.

If this is a well-funded project, you might consider a donation. I am sure that R would appreciate any donation you would care to give in support of their work: https://www.r-project.org/foundation/donors.html. They accept annual donations or one-off donations.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of karl.fuchs using sbg.at
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2022 9:21 AM
To: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: [R] Request concerning use in book

[External Email]

Dear colleagues!

We plan to introduce the software R in chapter "subject-specific software in mathematics" in our book "TEACHING/LEARNING MEDIUM COMPUTER".

As we will use screenshots and Plots generated by R we ask if there will be any fees for using this elements in our book.

Yours

Dr. Karl Fuchs, Austria

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

R-help using r-project.org mailing list -- To UNSUBSCRIBE and more, see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__stat.ethz.ch_mailman_listinfo_r-2Dhelp&d=DwICAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=9PEhQh2kVeAsRzsn7AkP-g&m=A3HEHpcoQF1M1edkMCL9__nY4ZWvWCW-nbxP99mzSHx6iiEKfLuE840Se5Vgnb73&s=j_53saaRAJYoyNAVUDwyUpFsxg4UTGNuPl3zvxbAV50&e=
PLEASE do read the posting guide https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.R-2Dproject.org_posting-2Dguide.html&d=DwICAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=9PEhQh2kVeAsRzsn7AkP-g&m=A3HEHpcoQF1M1edkMCL9__nY4ZWvWCW-nbxP99mzSHx6iiEKfLuE840Se5Vgnb73&s=0VJtv0PNkpCNdziw0p5jF61vrQAM5-OtH_dfP5dxbt8&e=