[R] Install OpenCL

Tue Jun 14 16:37:01 CEST 2022

On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 16:14:09 +0200
Quirin Stier <Quirin_Stier using gmx.de> wrote:

> Sys.setenv(OCL="C:/Program Files/NVIDIA GPU Computing
> Toolkit/CUDA/v11.7")
>
> is working

Okay, sorry for the misleading follow-up message. I see now that the
configure.win script performs appropriate quoting by itself, with no
need to add extra quotes manually.

> ** testing if installed package can be loaded from temporary location
> Error: Laden von Paket oder Namensraum für 'OpenCL' in inDL(x,
> as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...): fehlgeschlagen
>   kann shared object
> 'C:/Users/quiri/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/00LOCK-OpenCL/00new/OpenCL/libs/x64/OpenCL.dll'
> nicht laden:
>    LoadLibrary failure:  Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden.

This might need the help of someone else from the R-help list who has
more experience solving Windows-related problems than me. It's probably
a good idea to keep the Cc: r-help using R-project.org header in our messages.

If you pass the INSTALL_opts = '--no-test-load' argument to
install.packages(), installation will "succeed", but it will be
impossible to use the package. Can you use Dependency Walker
<https://dependencywalker.com/> to see which function is
C:/Users/quiri/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/OpenCL/libs/x64/OpenCL.dll
trying to load from C:/Windows/system32/OpenCL.dll and failing? Could
it be that C:/Windows/system32/OpenCL.dll is the wrong dll file? If you
know that the right dll file is somewhere under C:/Program Files/NVIDIA
GPU Computing Toolkit/CUDA/v11.7, it should be possible to copy it to
C:/Users/quiri/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.2/OpenCL/libs/x64 to make
the installed package work correctly.

--
Best regards,
Ivan