[R] Query regarding R 'irr' package 'N.cohen.kappa'

Thu Jun 16 19:25:58 CEST 2022

R is a fully capable computation environment... you do not have to use any contributed package to implement an algorithm. It may be convenient to rely on such resources, but you must always be aware that such code may not be correct. If you think it is not correct, then you can certainly express your validation calculations in R, and if you share such information with the maintainer of that package then they may either correct their package or suggest what considerations you may have neglected.

However, we participants on this list who happen to use R may or may not know anything about your algorithm... chances are pretty high that we don't. If you express your concerns using a reproducible R code example [1] we might take an interest... but debugging your Excel file is pretty unlikely to be of interest here (in addition to being hard to share... the mailing list strips most attachments). As the Posting Guide says, you really should be corresponding with the package maintainer. [2]

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/vignettes/reprex-dos-and-donts.html
[2] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/irr/index.html