[R] inconsistency in tryCatch...

Wed Jun 22 21:23:46 CEST 2022

You defined a function. You did not call the function. tryCatch returned the object you defined. So the interactive console printed the object returned.

Invoking the "function" function does not call the defined function for you. Try:

tryCatch((function() print("fred"))(), error = function(e) sum(1:3), finally = sum(1:3))