[R] R for Linear Algebra

Avi Gross @v|gro@@ @end|ng |rom ver|zon@net
Fri Jun 24 04:31:24 CEST 2022

R is a language specially made to do many things with vectors and matrices and arrays with any reasonable number of dimensions and also has a host of functions that do things like make diagonal matrices, calculate determinants and multiply them in several ways,  invert them, get eigenvalues and much more if you look for packages.
So the question becomes, what else do you feel you need for a Linear Algebra course that a simple web search would not have found like this:
https://towardsdatascience.com/intro-to-r-linear-algebra-2a4de2506c93

https://towardsdatascience.com/intro-to-r-linear-algebra-2a4de2506c93#:~:text=R%20is%20especially%20handy%20with,solvers%20and%20dynamic%20indexing%20capabilities.
Unless I missed something, yes, R is more easily able to be used to do such things than many other languages albeit just about any language tends to have access to a variety of functions that may do these things but are not built in.

-----Original Message-----
From: AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa <abouelmakarim1962 using gmail.com>
Sent: Thu, Jun 23, 2022 10:39 am
Subject: [R] R for Linear Algebra

Re: R for Linear Algebra

Dear All:

In my STA 591 topics in Biostatistics Fall 2022, I am planning to spend
about 5 weeks on Linear Algebra.

I am wondering if someone has or knows the source for some R
functions/programs written for linear algebra calculations.

Also if you know a book in Linear Algebra with R, will be a good help too.

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated in advance.

With many thanks

Abou

*AbouEl-Makarim Aboueissa, PhD*

*Professor, Statistics and Data Science*
*Graduate Coordinator*

*Department of Mathematics and Statistics*
*University of Southern Maine*

    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]