[R] Looking for package for data generation for classification and regression

Ranjan Maitra m|m@|tr@ @end|ng |rom gmx@com
Fri Mar 4 06:00:06 CET 2022

On Thu Mar03'22 09:00:08PM, Paul Smith wrote:
> From: Paul Smith <phhs80 using gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 21:00:08 +0000
> To: "r-help using r-project.org" <r-help using r-project.org>
> Subject: [R] Looking for package for data generation for classification and
>  regression
>
> Dear All,
>
> I am in need of generating artificial data for machine learning
> classification and regression analysis. What I am looking for is
> something similar to Python sklearn.datasets.make_classification and
> sklearn.datasets.make_regression:
>
> https://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/generated/sklearn.datasets.make_classification.html
>
> https://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/generated/sklearn.datasets.make_regression.html
>
> I have searched CRAN for something similar, but found nothing. Could
> someone please help me with this?

Not sure if this helps, but at least for classification and clustering, there is the MixSim package on CRAN which provides classification datasets according to an overall overlap measure.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,
Ranjan