[R] question

Avi Gross @v|gro@@ @end|ng |rom ver|zon@net
Tue Mar 15 19:31:40 CET 2022

Bert,

I know you love to quote repeatedly.

The fact that a question is about doing something using RSTUDIO is
NOT relevant to whether it can be discussed here if it is about
relatively BASIC R issues as 99% of the time is true.

The fact they are asking about some package that many don't know
is IMHO much more relevant. And most such packages are fairly
public domain and not related to RSTUDIO.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bert Gunter <bgunter.4567 using gmail.com>
To: dalfardi.s <dalfardi.s using ut.ac.ir>
Cc: R-help <r-help using r-project.org>
Sent: Tue, Mar 15, 2022 2:20 pm
Subject: Re: [R] question

1. RStudio is not R; it is a separate for profit organization/company
that contributes free packages to R and also provides both free and
non-free R-oriented software. RStudio.com is their website (as you
know) and https://community.rstudio.com/# is where you can post
questions about *their* products.

2. HOWEVER... your query seems to be related to a special (not
standard) R package, not RStudio, specifically the 'flowr' package.
This general r-help list is not usually a good place to post queries
about such specific packages -- there are thousands of them! Maybe you
will get lucky and someone here will be able to help you.  But it is
recommended in the posting guide (linked below) that a better option
is to contact the package maintainer, which you can find via the:

maintainer("flowr")

command at the R console prompt.

Hope this helps.

Bert Gunter