[R] question

Tue Mar 15 21:50:07 CET 2022

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 20:57:03 +0330
"dalfardi.s" <dalfardi.s using ut.ac.ir> wrote:

> I have a function of a package named priority flow as bellow:
>
> RIVSMOOTH=RIVERSMOOTH(DEM=TRAVHS$DEM, DIRECTION=TRAVHS$DIRECTION,
> MASK=FARWATERSHED.MASK,RIVER.SUMMARY=SUBBASIN$SUMMARY,RIVER.SEGMENTS=SUBBASIN$SEGMENTS,BANK.EPSILON
> =0.01,RIVER.EPSILON = 0,D4=C(1,2,3,4),PRINTFLAG = T)
>
> and all needed inputs are available but when i run it give me the
> bellow error:
>
> [1] "No terminal river segments provided, not adjusting DEM"
> Error in RiverSmooth(dem = travHS$dem, direction = travHS$direction,
> mask = FARwatershed.mask, :
> object 'active' not found

This could be a bug in the RiverSmooth function. It could be trying to
access a variable called "active" without defining it first. Where did
you get this function? It's not anywhere on CRAN, as far as I can tell:
https://search.r-project.org/?P=RiverSmooth&DB=r-manuals&DB=r-help&DB=cran-help

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

As you can see in my quoted part and in the archive at
<https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2022-March/474078.html>, the
code in your message as we see it is somehow in ALL CAPS. When you
compose your messages to this list in HTML, your mailer tries to
automatically create a plain text version, typically mangling it in
process, while the list strips the HTML part for security reasons.
Please compose your messages in plain text.

--
Best regards,
Ivan