[R] help with installing R packages on Mac : these packages are downloaded but not compiled

Bogdan Tanasa t@n@@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Mar 24 01:40:32 CET 2022

Dear all,

I would appreciate to have your prompt help please on the following issue :

I am the process of installing R and R packages on MacOS Monterrey.

The packages are downloaded but not compiled and are not installed, as
shown below.

 I would appreciate any help that you can offer please. Thank you.

> install.packages("tidyverse", dependencies=T)
Installing package into
‘/Users/btanasa/Library/R/x86_64/4.1/library’(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/contrib/4.1/tidyverse_1.3.1.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 421072 bytes (411
downloaded 411 KB

The downloaded binary packages are in
    /var/folders/j1/vfxkcdz51l945jpfb2vplcsw47dvp9/T//RtmpYudPdW/downloaded_packages>
> > library("tidyverse")
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘tidyverse’:
 .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'broom', details:
  call: loadNamespace(x)
  error: there is no package called ‘backports’

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]