[R] help with installing R packages on Mac : these packages are downloaded but not compiled

Thu Mar 24 02:41:58 CET 2022

Tidyverse has dozens of dependencies... and when a dependency fails to install then you often need to install it explicitly... the automatic dependency algorithm doesn't seem to work robustly.

Carefully read your error messages... it looks like you should start by installing backports.