[R] customizing edit.data.frame

Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (NP) wo||g@ng@v|echtb@uer @end|ng |rom m@@@tr|chtun|ver@|ty@n|
Mon May 2 13:09:55 CEST 2022

I would also love to find out how to make changes to the way edit() -- or in my case, View(), but that's presumably using the same resources -- looks under Linux. On my 4K display, the font size is so small as to be barely readable. I would assume this requires some adjustment to .Xresources, but I don't know what keys might be relevant. Searching through the source code didn't give me any clues. See also:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64459416/how-to-change-text-font-and-size-in-r-view

The only mention of Xresources I could find were under ?X11, but this pertains to plots, not edit() and View().

I asked about this on R-sig-Debian in 2017:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-debian/2017-October/002776.html

I don't think I ever followed this up on R-devel (where maybe this belongs), so happy to move this there if nobody here has any suggestions.

Best,
Wolfgang