[R] Is there a canonical way to pronounce CRAN?

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 5 00:46:19 CEST 2022

Perhaps not entirely a waste. Shots have been fired over less.
Allow the neologism 'packronym' to signify the packing of an acronym
into a pronounceable word.
(A necessary skill in the public service. If you cannot correctly
pronounce DFAT, resign yourself to menial labor)
If we endorse the anglophone packronym we get:
kræn
An Italian might lean toward:
tʃrɑn
while Spanish (the happiest language, they say) would produce:
krɛn
So Babel continues to amuse or enrage us, depending upon our emotional
disposition.
I dare not comment upon those who would laboriously spell it out as:
Charlie Romeo Alfa November

Jim