[R] legend in plot

Naresh Gurbuxani n@re@h_gurbux@n| @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Fri May 6 21:23:58 CEST 2022

This is the solution that best fits my needs.

Thanks everyone for their responses,
Naresh

Sent from my iPhone

On May 6, 2022, at 2:12 PM, David Carlson <dcarlson using tamu.edu<mailto:dcarlson using tamu.edu>> wrote:

You can't get exactly what you want with base graphics, but you can get close by defining line types and colors outside the plot command:

x <- seq(-3, 3, by = 0.01)
lns <- 1:2
clr <- 1:2
matplot(x, cbind(x, x^2), type="l", lty=lns, col=clr)
legend("bottomright", legend = c("x", expression(x^2)), lty = lns, col = clr, bty = "n")

David L Carlson

legend("bottomright", legend = c("x", expression(x^2)), lty = lns, col = clr, bty = "n")