[R] Issue when trying to install or load packages in RStudio

Paul Bernal p@u|bern@|07 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 13 15:38:29 CEST 2022

Dear friends,

Hope you are doing great. I have installed R version 4.2.0 and
RStudio 2022.02.2 Build 485 "Prairie Trillium" Release (8acbd38b,
2022-04-19) for Windows.

Last week, I developed a model in RStudio and was able to install and load
many packages, but now RStudio is behaving oddly.

I get the following errors whenever I try installing packages(which was not
happening to me last week):

https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/Rtools/
Warning in install.packages :
  unable to access index for repository https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib
:
  cannot open URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/PACKAGES'
Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘Rtools’ is not available for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available
elsewhere,
see the ideas at
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Installing-packages
Warning in install.packages :
  unable to access index for repository
https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/4.2:
  cannot open URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/bin/windows/contrib/4.2/PACKAGES
'

I try to install Rtools but was not able to.

Any clues on what could be happening?

Best regards,
Paul

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]