[R] Restoration of "rite" package of R as R-script editor or the like

Michael Dewey ||@t@ @end|ng |rom dewey@myzen@co@uk
Mon May 23 19:03:08 CEST 2022

Notepad++ is fine as a light weight editor with syntax highlighting but
the plug-in for R does not seem to have been updated for years.

Michael

On 23/05/2022 17:37, Rui Barradas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was also thinking about Notepad++.
>
> And about an editor no one mentinoed, vim. I've learned vi on unix SVR3
> and at least in micros it is all present, you can bet that no matter
> what the OS is there's a version for it. vim is lightweight and has
> syntax highlighting but its aging idiosyncrasies might outweight its
> benefits.
>
> Rui Barradas
>
> Às 07:35 de 22/05/2022, Ivan Krylov escreveu:
>> Dear Dr. A.K. Singh,
>>
>> The person responsible for the "rite" package is Dr. Thomas J. Leeper,
>> and he doesn't seem interested in maintaining it further:
>> https://github.com/leeper/rite
>>
>> (I do like the idea of a Tcl/Tk text editor with tight R integration,
>> but maintaining it, like maintaining anything, is a job one needs money
>> and/or other motivation to perform.)
>>
>> Have you considered using some other programmer's text editor with R,
>> like Notepad++? I've heard there's a companion utility that helps
>> integrate R and Notepad++: https://github.com/halpo/NppToR

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html