[R] Unable to install gsynth without life package

Tariq Khasiri t@r|qkh@@|r| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue May 31 06:29:31 CEST 2022

The R community is full of kind people! Much obliged for being so polite!

On Mon, 30 May 2022 at 21:24, Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us>
wrote:

> Either:
>
> 1) Convince the Gsynth package maintainer to resolve the problem for you,
> or
>
> 2) start hacking on the source code of either lfe or Gsynth until they
> both install and work together.
>
> It is not as though the members of this list have a magic wand that can
> fix the problems of many thousands of _contributed_ packages.
>
> On May 30, 2022 9:08:04 PM PDT, Tariq Khasiri <tariqkhasiri using gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >Hello R Community,
> >
> >I'm trying to install Gsynth packaged from the instruction given on this
> >website ( https://yiqingxu.org/packages/gsynth/index.html ). Out of all
> the
> >dependency packages lfe is removed from CRAN I believe. Therefore, I'm
> >unable to install gsynth. I've looked for the solution on google but
> >nothing helped so far.
> >
> >Any suggestion I how I can install lfe and eventually install gsynth
> >successfully? All the dependency packages are given on the link above
> >where the developer built the package.
> >

> >ERROR: dependency ‘lfe’ is not available for package ‘gsynth’
> >* removing
> >‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/gsynth’
> >Warning in install.packages :
> >  installation of package ‘gsynth’ had a non-zero exit status

> --

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]