[R] Unable to install gsynth without life package

Tue May 31 21:12:37 CEST 2022

On Tue, 31 May 2022 10:31:11 -0700
Tariq Khasiri <tariqkhasiri using gmail.com> wrote:

> ld: warning: directory not found for option
> '-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib/gcc/x86_64-apple-darwin18/8.2.0'
> ld: warning: directory not found for option
> '-L/usr/local/gfortran/lib' ld: library not found for -lgfortran
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)

I don't know how to solve this Mac-related problem, but people at
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-mac might help you.

One more piece of advice: have you tried omitting the type="source"
argument to install.packages()? CRAN should have a perfectly good R 4.1
Mac binary for you, avoiding the need to compile the packages. I can
see it at https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=gsynth, in the "macOS
binaries" section.

--
Best regards,