[R] Associate a .R file with the RGui

Amarjit Chandhial @@ch@ndh|@| @end|ng |rom bt|nternet@com
Thu Nov 3 20:08:27 CET 2022

Hi,

My OS is Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit, I have R 4.2.2 and RStudio installed.

If I double-click on a .R file in File Explorer the OS gives me the
option of opening the .R in RStudio, or Look for an app in the Microsoft
Store, or More Apps. Similarly with a right-click.

I would like to associate a .R file with the RGui, not RStudio, thus
when I double-click on a .R file in File Explorer the .R file opens in
the R Editor in RGui.

On my PC R 4.2.2 is located in "C:/Program Files/R/R-4.2.2/etc"

Please can someone provide step-by-step instructions on how to
associate?

thanks,
Amarjit

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]