[R] Associate a .R file with the RGui

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Nov 7 15:00:18 CET 2022

On 06.11.2022 19:43, Amarjit Chandhial wrote:

> Hi Uwe,
>

> I can do 1.
>

> 1. Add the line
>
> if ( length(z <- commandArgs(TRUE)) ) utils::file.edit(z[1])
>
> to the Rprofile.site file; and
>

> My Rprofile.site file is: "C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-42~1.2/etc/Rprofile.site"
>

> How do I do 2, step-by-step?
>

> 2. Edit the registry to associate the .R extension with the command
>
> C:\Program Files\R\R-4.2.2\bin\x64\Rgui.exe --args "%1"

If you have not .R file association yet, you can add the line above when
being asked.
If you have one, simply change the registry key

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\R_auto_file\shell\open\command

There is a standard value as extendable string (REG_EXPAND_SZ) and you
simply replace its content by

"C:\Program Files\R\R-4.2.2\bin\x64\Rgui.exe" --args "%1"

and in

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.R

there shoudl be a standard string (REG_SZ)
R_auto_file

Best,
Uwe Ligges