[R] unmet dependency for r-base-core ... was Re: ubuntu 22

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Tue Nov 15 00:53:58 CET 2022

On 11/14/22 15:22, Ragia . wrote:
>    dear group ,
> cant install r base into ubuntu 22.
> the msg is
>   r-base-core : Depends: libicu70 (>= 70.1-1~) but it is not installable

Have you tried looking up the package that would contain libicu70?  I
had no problem locating a copy of libicu70_70.1-2_amd64.deb
<https://ubuntu.pkgs.org/22.04/ubuntu-main-amd64/libicu70_70.1-2_amd64.deb.html>
with search terms: "libicu70 ubuntu 22".

>                 Recommends: r-recommended but it is not going to be installed
>                 Recommends: r-doc-html but it is not going to be installed
> thanks in advance
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Do note that Rhelp is a plain text mailing list. And further note that
the proper mailing list (also plain text) would have been R-SIG-debian.

--

David.