[R] Issue installing gamm4 for R v4.2.2

Nedelec, Pierre P|erre@Nede|ec @end|ng |rom uc@|@edu
Tue Nov 22 21:22:26 CET 2022

Hi All,

Thank you for your help. It was an issue with Mac packages indeed. I found that thread and it resolved it in my case also.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/72409270/getting-error-while-installing-lme4-package-in-r-in-macosx-monterey

Best,
Pierre
________________________________
From: Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 07:08
To: Nedelec, Pierre via R-help <r-help using r-project.org>
Cc: Nedelec, Pierre <Pierre.Nedelec using ucsf.edu>
Subject: Re: [R] Issue installing gamm4 for R v4.2.2

Hello Pierre,

Thank you for providing both sessionInfo() and the installation log,
it's very helpful!

� Mon, 14 Nov 2022 20:48:13 +0000
"Nedelec, Pierre via R-help" <r-help using r-project.org> �����:

> /usr/local/opt/gcc/bin/gfortran -fno-optimize-sibling-calls  -fPIC
> -g -O2  -c altmov.f -o altmov.o
> clang (LLVM option parsing): Unknown command line argument
> '-x86-pad-for-align=false'.

It looks like your Fortran compiler installation might be not fully
functional. Can you compile and run a Fortran "Hello World"?

program hello
print *, 'Hello'
end program

The following command line should compile and run the program stored in
a file named "hello.f90":
/usr/local/opt/gcc/bin/gfortran -o hello hello.f90 && ./hello

I see that you're using some libraries installed from Homebrew. Is your
GNU Fortran installation from <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mac.r-project.org/tools/__;!!LQC6Cpwp!pHAM5QGrV-a4-JM_BIoO-odhgI2Fy_UOjXk9cScYP39CddwrOd2sfrJ6U-Dbo-biMwBrZePGo2tRHhFi5geVQBYNSQ$ > or
from somewhere else? How did you install R itself?

I don't have a Mac and may be unable to help you further, but your
answers should be useful to other more experienced people. If you don't
get an answer here soon, consider asking at r-sig-mac using r-project.org,
because this looks like a Mac-specific problem.

>        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Your message reached us almost undamaged, but not all messages composed
in HTML are so lucky:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2022-November/476282.html__;!!LQC6Cpwp!pHAM5QGrV-a4-JM_BIoO-odhgI2Fy_UOjXk9cScYP39CddwrOd2sfrJ6U-Dbo-biMwBrZePGo2tRHhFi5gf4jYN04g$

Please post to R mailing lists in plain text.

--
Best regards,
Ivan

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]