[R] What is new in R especially about Tidyverse.

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Nov 27 09:49:31 CET 2022

Hi Abdullah,
The Tidyverse is a set of R packages that are designed to work well
together for handling a variety of common tasks in data science. Many of
these packages are written by Hadley Wickham, chief scientist at
RStudio.com.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadley_Wickham

RStudio.com is a commercial company which provides both free and non-free
products for data science. Many R users use the free IDE RStudio provided
by them. The company recently changed its name from RStudio.com to Posit,
as it wants to emphasize that its tools are not restricted to R (e.g.
Python is supported, Quarto for documents, etc)

I suggest you look at the resources available at https::/posit.co as a
start.

Besides the tidyverse packages, you might want to investigate how different
groups have used the tidyverse philosophy (and packages) to provide groups
of packages for handling specific sub-disciplines in data science. For
example, Rob Hyndman's group has created the tidyverts (the 'ts' refers to
time series) which extends the tidyverse packages and also contributed
additional packages. The tidyverts facilitates time series forecasting.

Good luck,
Eric