[R] cat in a subroutine

Steven T. Yen @tyen @end|ng |rom ntu@edu@tw
Thu Oct 13 09:34:39 CEST 2022

I have had an issue with printing (with cat) in a subroutine for which I
do not have a applicable example, but I am still hoping to get some
help. In the following, the first block of code works fine.

t<-abs(me)/se; p<-2*(1-pt(t,nrow(x)))
sig<-my.sig.levels(p)
out<-data.frame(round(cbind(me,se,t,p),digits)); out<-cbind(out,sig)
rownames(out)<-names(me)
colnames(out)<-c("est","se","t","p","sig")
j<-grep(".one\\b",rownames(out))
out<-out[-j,]
return(out)
}

But as soon as I insert lines to print (cat) soething simple, it spits
out message that appears to be nonsence (unrelated). Any idea. Please
help. Thanks.

t<-abs(me)/se; p<-2*(1-pt(t,nrow(x)))
sig<-my.sig.levels(p)
out<-data.frame(round(cbind(me,se,t,p),digits)); out<-cbind(out,sig)
rownames(out)<-names(me)
colnames(out)<-c("est","se","t","p","sig")
cat("\nMarginal and Discrete Effects of Gen Ordered Logit / Probit
Probabilities",
     "\n\nlogistic =",logistic)
j<-grep(".one\\b",rownames(out))
out<-out[-j,]
return(out)
}

In this particular case, the error message was as follows:

Error in cat("\nMarginal and Discrete Effects of Gen Ordered Logit /
Probit Probabilities",  :
   unused argument (logistic)

I have printed this way in numerous routines without problem and do not
see why this is happending.