[R] intersection in data frame

Thu Oct 13 23:22:18 CEST 2022

Hello,

To reshape from long to wide format, here are two options:

df1 <- 'ID    station  value
12      xy        15
12      xz        20
13       xy       16
13       xz       19'
df1 <- read.table(textConnection(df1), header = TRUE)

# base R
reshape(df1, direction = "wide", idvar = "ID", timevar = "station")
#>   ID value.xy value.xz
#> 1 12       15       20
#> 3 13       16       19

# tidyverse
tidyr::pivot_wider(df1, ID, names_from = station)
#> # A tibble: 2 × 3
#>      ID    xy    xz
#> 1    12    15    20
#> 2    13    16    19

This question is StackOverflow question [1].

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5890584/how-to-reshape-data-from-long-to-wide-format

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas