[R] Clustering of datasets

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 5 14:06:37 CEST 2022

Hi Subhamitra,
I think the fact that you are passing a vector of values rather than a
matrix is part of the problem. As you have only one value for each
country, The points plotted will be the index on the x-axis and the
value for each country on the y-axis. Passing a value for ylim= means
that you are cutting off the lowest points. Here is an example that
will give you two clusters and show the values for the centers in the
middle of the plot. Perhaps this is all you need, but I suspect there
is more work to be done.

k2<-kmeans(DMs[,2],centers=2)
plot(DMs[,2],col=k2$cluster,pch=19,xlim=c(1,46))
text(1:46,DMs[,2],DMs[,1],col=k2$cluster)
points(rep(23,2),k2$centers,pch=1:2,cex=2,col=k2$cluster)
legend(10,1,c("cluster 1: Highly Integrated","cluster 2: Less Integrated"),
col=1:2,pch=19)

Jim