[R] aplpack / bagplot

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Sep 21 12:11:05 CEST 2022

[re-sending as plain text]

Hi Sigbert,
I have never used the aplpack package but out of curiosity I tried it out.
Doing a scatter plot of your (x,y) data shows that there are many
repeated x values, and this seems to be the source of the error.
There are no repeated y values. It seems that the bagplot() function
does not handle repeated x-values.
I tried adding some noise to the x-values and that worked fine.

x2 <- x + rnorm(length(x),0,1.e-5)
bagplot(x2,y)

HTH,
Eric