[R] Write text file in Fortran format

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 22 00:51:47 CEST 2022

Hi Javad,
The example text file you sent doesn't appear to have the two
"trailer" lines that you describe. I would try this brute force method
as all you seem to want is to multiply the third column values by a
constant:

air<-readLines("Air.txt")
# define the column 3 field
begincol3<-29
endcol3<-42
widthcol3<-14
lenline<-117
for(airline in 1:length(air)) {
 # is this a data line?
 if(substr(air[airline]) == " ")
 air[airline]<-paste0(substr(inputline,1,begincol3-1),
  formatC(as.double(substr(inputline,begincol3,endcol3))*mult3,
   digits=5,width=widthcol3,format="f"),
  substr(inputline,endcol3+1,lenline))
}
writeLines(air,"Air2.txt")