[R] Fatal Error: Contains Space

Andrew Simmons @kw@|mmo @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 22 09:50:11 CEST 2022

Hello,

I'm going to quote the tempdir() doc page: "By default, tmpdir will be the
directory given by tempdir(). This will be a subdirectory of the
per-session temporary directory found by the following rule when the R
session is started. The environment variables TMPDIR, TMP and TEMP are
checked in turn and the first found which points to a writable directory is
used: if none succeeds the value of R_USER (see Rconsole) is used. If the
path to the directory contains a space in any of the components, the path
returned will use the shortnames version of the path."

You need to define one of the environment variables listed above. For
myself, I did something like

TEMP=C:\Users\iris\AppData\Local\Temp